We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated pioneers to join us in what is sure to become a revolutionary period that will shape the future of mankind. Self driving cars, 3D movies, immersive AR/VR experiences, and architecture are just a few of the applications our 3D HD camera is facilitating!
We offer medical, dental and vision plans, 401K with company match, breakfast, lunch, snacks, and more importantly a collaborative, energetic and innovative work environment, where all team members are respected and appreciated for their contributions.
We have gone from five employees in January 2017 to over 25 today, and still have more positions open. If you are ready to join a great company with a mind-blowing team of professionals, APPLY TODAY!
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Reports To: Mechanical Engineer
The Thermal Analyst will model and provide advice regarding the thermal behavior of system.
· Thermal modeling and analysis using FEA and hand calculations
· Create innovative thermal design solutions for managing heat loads around sensitive optics
· Develop and execute test plans to verify thermal simulations
· 3D modeling in SolidWorks
· Interpret results of modeling tools and empirical tests
· Communicate results to other members of the team
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
· Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, with 10+ years experience, or Masters/PhD with 5 – 7 years experience
· Expertise in thermal management designs and modeling
· Demonstrated understanding of assumptions and pros/cons of modeling tools
· 5+ years experience in using FEA in complex or sensitive systems (such as optical)
· Strength in performing hand calculations
· Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced start-up environment
· Must possess excellent communication skills and enjoy collaboration and cooperation with members of a team
· Able to sit and work at a computer for up to 8 hours a day
Work is performed in an office environment. Office environment is a typical work environment with moderate noise from talking, phones, etc.
Disclaimer: “The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.”