We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated pioneers to join us in what is sure to become a revolutionary period that will shape the future of mankind. Self driving cars, 3D movies, immersive AR/VR experiences, and architecture are just a few of the applications our 3D HD camera is facilitating!
We offer medical, dental and vision plans, 401K with company match, breakfast, lunch, snacks, and more importantly a collaborative, energetic and innovative work environment, where all team members are respected and appreciated for their contributions.
We have gone from five employees in January 2017 to over 25 today, and still have more positions open. If you are ready to join a great company with a mind-blowing team of professionals, APPLY TODAY!
Lab/ Machine Shop technician
Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Reports To: Mechanical Engineer
The Lab/Machine Shop Technician will assist the Engineering Department in bringing 3D camera from prototype to product.
· Build and conduct tests of prototype
· Operate basic machine shop tools such as lathes, mills, and drill presses
· Fabricate simple test parts and modify other parts as needed
· Build test setups and create/modify/machine needed parts
· Assist in testing and calibration of test equipment, components, and camera systems.
· Perform general shop functions
· Assist in rapid prototyping of mechanical components
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
· Bachelors Degree in Physics, Optics, Engineering or related field
· Understanding of basic optical, electrical, and mechanical design concepts
· Practical knowledge of optics and experimental laboratory practices
· Hands on skills with lab and production equipment
· Familiarity with CNC mills, lathes, and other machines, power, and hand tools
· Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced start-up environment
· Must possess excellent communication skills and enjoy collaboration and cooperation with members of a team
· Prior experience in product development a plus
· Experience with test and automation equipment desirable
· Knowledge of Control Software, Office Software, and Data Processing Software
· Able to stand, bend, twist, walk, reach with arms and hands
· Able to lift 30 lbs.
Work is performed in office, lab, and machine shop environments. May be subject to loud noises from operating machinery.
Disclaimer: “The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.”