We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated pioneers to join us in what is sure to become a revolutionary period that will shape the future of mankind. Self driving cars, 3D movies, immersive AR/VR experiences, and architecture are just a few of the applications our 3D HD camera is facilitating!
We offer medical, dental and vision plans, 401K with company match, breakfast, lunch, snacks, and more importantly a collaborative, energetic and innovative work environment, where all team members are respected and appreciated for their contributions.
We have gone from five employees in January 2017 to over 25 today, and still have more positions open. If you are ready to join a great company with a mind-blowing team of professionals, APPLY TODAY!
Senior Optomechanical Engineer
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Reports To: Mechanical Engineer
Supervision Given: None
The Senior Optomechanical Engineer is responsible for the mechanical design, development, and engineering of the 3D Solid State LiDAR camera.
· 3D design of optical components and mechanical support structures in SolidWorks
· Design and development of products from concept to mass production
· Create innovative thermal design solutions for managing heat loads around sensitive optics
· Perform thermal modeling and analysis using FEA, hand calculations, and empirical testing
· Material selection and tolerance stack-up calculations to determine optimal design decisions
· Create product documentation including product specifications, bills of material, and drawings
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
· Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, with 8+ years experience or Masters Degree/PhD with 5+ year experience
· 5+ years experience in optical/mechanical design systems
· Strong understanding of optical tolerances and design considerations
· Expertise in thermal management designs and modeling
· Demonstrated understanding of assumptions and pros/cons of modeling tools
· 5+ years experience in using FEA in complex or sensitive systems (such as optical)
· Experience taking product (esp. camera) to market desirable
· Experience in mechanical aspects of electrical shielding, signal routing, and interconnects desirable
· Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced start-up environment
· Must possess excellent communication skills and enjoy collaboration and cooperation with members of a team
Work is performed in an office environment. Office environment is a typical work environment with moderate noise from talking, phones, etc.
Disclaimer: “The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.”