TetraVue is looking to do big things, and will need a team of people who want to do big things, and who are not afraid of challenges. The ability to thrive and actively participate in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment will be key. You’ll need a sense of humor and enjoy doing what it takes to get many jobs done. This is an opportunity to play a leading role in bringing game-changing new technology to market as the world moves to 3D and to be a key participant in building a new company.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
TetraVue is looking for a skilled Mechanical Engineer who is ready to take the lead for our mechanical design efforts, including transitioning our prototype to a product.
In addition to developing mechanical layouts and design approaches for camera and laser products, this position’s duties will also include analysis and finding creative solutions to high precision engineering challenges. Example design elements are high precision mechanical support structures for optical components, mounting of electrical components, electrical shielding, efficient thermal management, and user and communication interfaces. Finally, usability, ergonomics, industrial design, as well as manufacturability will be an important part of the mechanical engineering effort.
The ability to thrive and actively participate in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment will be key. This is an opportunity to play a leading role in bringing game-changing new technology to market as the world moves to 3D as well as to be a key participant in building a new company.
- B.S and/or M.S in Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- 2-10 years of work experience in an engineering field.
- Ability to become proficient in new areas quickly.
- Experience in industrial design, layout and packaging, and production environments
- Experience in commercial product development, including industrial environmental operating conditions (temperature, shock, and vibration).
- Experience in integrating electronics into small packages.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and hand calculations.
- Must be self-starter with commitment to excellence.
All applicants with suitable work authorization will be considered subject to EAR export control restrictions.
- Experience in thermal management, thermal simulation and analysis.
- Experience with optical or laser systems.
- Experience in mechanical aspects of electrical shielding, signal routing, and interconnects.