TetraVue is looking to do big things, and will need a team of people who want to do big things, and who are not afraid of challenges. The ability to thrive and actively participate in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment will be key. You’ll need a sense of humor and enjoy doing what it takes to get many jobs done. This is an opportunity to play a leading role in bringing game-changing new technology to market as the world moves to 3D and to be a key participant in building a new company.
Junior Mechanical Engineer
TetraVue is looking for a motivated Junior Mechanical Engineer that will support our product development effort as well as our ongoing research and development.
In addition to developing mechanical layouts and design approaches for camera and laser products, this position’s duties will also include analysis and finding creative solutions to high precision engineering challenges. Example design elements are high precision mechanical support structures for optical components, mounting of electrical components, electrical shielding, efficient thermal management, and user and communication interfaces. Finally, usability, ergonomics, industrial design, as well as manufacturability will be an important part of the mechanical engineering effort.
The ability to thrive and actively participate in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment will be key. This is an opportunity to play a key role in bringing game-changing new technology to market as the world moves to 3D as well as to be a participant in building a new company.
· B.S and/or M.S in Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
· At least 2 years of work experience in an engineering field.
· Proficiency in SolidWorks and hand calculations.
· Experience in rapid prototyping.
· Must be self-starter with commitment to excellence.
All applicants with suitable work authorization will be considered subject to EAR export control restrictions.
· Experience in industrial design, layout and packaging, and production environments.
· Experience in commercial product development, including industrial environmental operating conditions (temperature, shock, and vibration).
· Experience in integrating electronics into small packages.
· Experience in thermal management, thermal simulation and analysis.
· Experience with optical or laser systems.
· Experience in mechanical aspects of electrical shielding, signal routing, and interconnects.